4/7/2014 7:31 A.M. ET
Helpful hints for fans attending the Braves home opener Tuesday, April 8 Braves vs. New York Mets - 7:10 p.m.
Tickets are still available
By / MLB.com
• With large crowds expected, fans heading out to Turner Field for the Home Opener are encouraged to arrive early. Parking lots will open at 2:00 p.m. and the Turner Field gates will open at 4:00 p.m.
• Fans must pre-purchase parking via www.braves.com/parking as Braves parking lots will be PERMIT ONLY.
• If fans have not pre-purchased their parking, the Braves are encouraging everyone to take alternate transportation to Turner Field. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after the final out. For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes - the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit www.itsmarta.com.
• Turner Field ticket windows and ticket kiosks will open at 9:30 a.m. for fans who would like to purchase any remaining reserved seats, standing room only tickets ($20) or pick up pre-purchased tickets in advance and will remain open until the end of the 6th inning.
• Fans are encouraged to be seated by 6:15 p.m. for the special pregame ceremonies honoring the 40th Anniversary of Hank Aaron hitting #715!
Tuesday, April 8 at 7:10 p.m. - Fans are asked to be in their seats by 6:30!
• Gate Giveaway: The first 45,000 fans will receive a commemorative poster of Hank Aaron courtesy of SunTrust Bank.
• Pregame concert: Kristian Bush, half of the award-winning duo, Sugarland will perform in the Fan Plaza.
• Pregame ceremony: On this 40th Anniversary of Hank Aaron hitting home run number 715 and breaking Babe Ruth's long standing record, the Braves will honor Hank before the game.
• Championship banner: The Braves will unveil their 2013 National League East Championship banner.
• National Anthem: Kristian Bush has double duty as he performs the national anthem.
• 7th Inning Stretch: The very popular Timothy Miller from the Atlanta Opera will sing "God Bless America" during the 7th Inning stretch.
• At the Ballpark app check-in offer: Every 40th person to check-in will receive a $40 Racetrac giftcard in honor of Hank Aaron's 40th anniversary of 715
• Atlanta Braves Foundation Opening Day Auction: The Atlanta Braves Foundation will host a silent auction featuring several signed baseballs, bats, photos and framed items from your favorite Braves players. Visit the Community Clubhouse in Fan Plaza from the time gates open until the end of the 3rd inning to place your bid. All proceeds benefit the Atlanta Braves Foundation.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.