11/1/2013 10:57 A.M. ET
Atlanta Braves Museum & Hall of Fame announces discounted winter promotional calendar
By / MLB.com
ATLANTA - Braves baseball may be over, however the Braves Museum & Hall of Fame remains open and ready to give fans a behind-the-scenes look at Turner Field as well as the opportunity to explore the rich history of the Braves through discounted winter promotions.
The Braves Museum is an educational and entertaining destination featuring more than 700 Braves artifacts and photographs that trace the team's history and is also the starting point of the one-hour guided tour of Turner Field. Tours give fans a unique look at private areas of the ballpark including the press box and broadcast booths, an opportunity to sit in the Braves dugout and a rarely-seen glimpse at the Major League players' lockers in the Braves Clubhouse.
New in 2013, the tours received a digital upgrade by adding 50 tablet computers to provide an interactive and in-depth look at Turner Field. A custom-designed program accompanies the guided tour virtually hosted by fan favorites Bobby Cox, John Smoltz and Dale Murphy. The videos also feature team President John Schuerholz, Hall of Famer Hank Aaron, broadcasters Don Sutton, Joe Simpson, Jim Powell and many more. As the first fully-interactive tablet tour in Major League Baseball, fans are engaged throughout each step of the tour with video, images, trivia and an educated guide. Tours culminate in the Braves Museum & Hall of Fame where fans discover an interactive kiosk containing a database of more than 1800 current and past players.
2013-2014 Winter Promotions:
- November 2013 - First World Series Century Special
- The 2014 season marks the 100th Anniversary since the Braves won their first World Series Championship in Boston in 1914. To celebrate this century mark, two fans can take a tour of Turner Field and visit the Braves Museum and Hall of Fame for $14, saving more than half off the regular adult price of $17 per adult admission. Mention Code: 1914
- December 1-21, 2013 - A Toy for a Tour
- Children 13 years and younger can experience the gift of giving in December at the Braves Museum. Children who donate a new and unwrapped toy to the Atlanta Braves Foundation will receive a complimentary tour of Turner Field. The Atlanta Braves Foundation will donate all collected toys to children in need during the holiday season.
- January 2014 - Two for $14 in 2014
- To celebrate the start of the New Year, during the month of January, two fans can take a tour of Turner Field and the Braves Museum and Hall of Fame for $14, saving more than half off the regular adult price of $17 per adult admission. Mention Code: 2014
- February 2014 - Free Tour with the Purchase of a Name/Number T-shirt
- It's time to get ready for baseball to begin as pitchers and catchers report to Spring Training this month. For the month of February, any fan that purchases a player name/number t-shirt at the Braves Museum and Hall of Fame will receive a free tour of Turner Field.
- March 2014 - 40th Anniversary Special
- Leading up to Opening Day and the 40th Anniversary of Hank Aaron hitting his 715th home run, for the month of March, a family of four can tour Turner Field for $40. Mention Code: FAMILY40
Located within Turner Field, the Braves Museum & Hall of Fame is open Monday - Saturday during the offseason with Turner Field tours leaving at 9:30 a.m., 11 a.m., 12:30 p.m. and 2 p.m. The Museum will be closed on November 28; December 22 - January 2; as well as January 20. Turner Field tours, including admission to the Braves Museum, are $17 for adults, $3 for children 10-13, $9 for children 3-9, and $14 for groups of 20 or more. Please note: 2013-2014 Winter Promotions are valid for walk-up tours only. Free parking is available during the offseason in the Turner Field Gold Lot. For additional information and tickets, please visit www.braves.com/tours.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.