10/21/2013 5:40 P.M. ET
Atlanta Braves and Dickey Broadcasting Company renew multi-year radio rightsholder partnership
Don Sutton and Jim Powell also re-sign for multiple years
By / MLB.com
The Atlanta Braves and Dickey Broadcasting Company have announced a multi-year extension to keep Dickey Broadcasting Company the Braves exclusive radio rightsholder. Dickey Broadcasting Company became the Braves exclusive radio rightsholder in 2010. Veteran Braves broadcasters, Don Sutton and Jim Powell were also signed to multi-year contract extensions.
"Dickey Broadcasting has been a fantastic partner and rightsholder and we're excited to continue our partnership," said Derek Schiller, Braves Executive Vice President of Sales and Marketing. "We look forward to growing Braves programming and hearing our games on All News 106.7 while we continue to give Atlanta Braves fans throughout the Southeast the best radio broadcast in baseball with Don and Jim at the helm."
The agreement includes all 162 games per season which will air on two Atlanta flagship radio stations, 680 the Fan (680 AM and 93.7 FM), and new in 2014, the broadcast will shift from Rock 100.5 to an even stronger signal on All News 106.7 (WYAY-FM). Dickey Broadcasting Company will also manage the Braves Radio Network to include at least 150 radio stations throughout the Southeast - the largest sports radio network in the world.
"We are proud to be the Official Radio Home of the Atlanta Braves," said David Dickey, President of Dickey Broadcasting Company. "680 The Fan is the dominant sports station in the region, and we believe our association with the Braves has greatly contributed to our incredible growth over the past four years. We will continue to work with the Braves to deliver the best coverage and more team-focused content throughout 2014 and beyond."
In addition to broadcasting all regular season and postseason games, 680 the Fan provides many additional ancillary programs in support of Braves baseball. The programming includes:
- All Spring Training games aired locally in Atlanta on a combination of 680/93.7, 1230 AM and 1340 AM.
- Each week during Spring Training 680 The Fan originates one of their shows to broadcast live from Orlando.
- Live reports and updates all Spring Training-long from Ben Ingram and Kevin McAlpin.
"Atlanta Braves Today":
- This Braves segment airs every morning at 7:45 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. on "The Rude Awakening" during Spring Training and through the end of the season.
"Atlanta Braves Clubhouse Report":
- All year long, Ben Ingram hosts this program every Wednesday at 2:30 p.m.
"680 The Fan's Game Day":
- During the regular season and postseason, the "Chuck and Chernoff" show hosts a 30 minute pre- pre-game show with reports from Atlanta Braves Radio Network reporter Kevin McAlpin before each weekday home game.
"Atlanta Braves Wrap-Up Show":
- During the regular season and postseason Ben Ingram and former Braves player Jay Howell host an hour-long post-game show.
680 The Fan's Winter Meetings Coverage
- During MLB's Winter meetings, 680 the Fan provides extended coverage and live reports from Ben Ingram and Kevin McAlpin for various 680 the Fan shows.
About Atlanta Braves
The Atlanta Braves are the National League's winningest franchise since 1991. During that time, Braves teams have earned two National League wild cards, 14 division championships, five National League pennants, and a World Series title. Based in Atlanta since 1966, the Braves franchise is the longest continuously operating franchise in Major League Baseball. Follow the Braves at braves.com, facebook.com/braves, and twitter.com/braves.
About Dickey Broadcasting Company
Dickey Broadcasting Company has been based in Atlanta for the past 21 years. The company has owned and operated radio stations for over 50 years, and is credited with launching sports-talk in Atlanta over 20 years ago. Dickey Broadcasting Company is associated with other Atlanta-based media companies, including Cumulus Media, Inc. and Modern Luxury Media.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.