© 2012 MLB Advanced Media, L.P. All rights reserved.
10/03/2012 12:20 PM EST
Atlanta Braves Wild Card Game highlights and helpful hints
- WILD CARD GAME HIGHLIGHTS:
- Multi-platinum, two-time Grammy award winner and Marietta, GA native, Travis Tritt will sing the National Anthem for the Wild Card game.
- Tomahawk Giveaway sponsored by Academy Sports + Outdoors: The first 45,000 fans will receive a foam tomahawk.
- Hometown Hero – During the 6th Inning the Braves will pay tribute to a local "Hometown Hero" from the United States Military.
- Fan-favorite and Atlanta Opera singer, Timothy Miller, will perform God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch.
- Braves ticket windows will open at 8:30 a.m. to purchase or pick up pre-purchased tickets in advance and will remain open until the end of the 6th inning. Standing room only tickets ($18 each) are available. Single game suite tickets are available for $100 each (includes a $25 food and beverage credit added to ticket).
- With large crowds expected, fans heading out to Turner Field for Friday night’s Wild Card game are strongly encouraged to arrive early. Parking lots will open five hours prior to first pitch and the Turner Field gates will open three hours before first pitch.
- Official parking lots for Turner Field are at capacity for Friday’s game. Those that haven’t pre-purchased parking are strongly encouraged to take MARTA. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after final out. For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes – the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit www.itsmarta.com.
- Turner Field parking maps can be found at www.braves.com/parking along with detailed directions, parking and traffic information.
- If the Braves win Friday night’s Wild Card game, they will host Game 1 & 2 of the National League Division Series on Sunday and Monday (October 7-8). For guaranteed seats to the Division Series, fans are encouraged to purchase postseason strips by calling 404-577-9100. Single game tickets are available by visiting: www.braves.com/postseason.
This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.