SAN DIEGO -- The Padres had their eight-game home winning streak snapped Saturday, when they dropped a 6-1 game to the Dodgers.
It was their longest home streak since one of equal length from April 16-30, 2010.
The Padres have played well at home all season and have won 23 of their past 31 games at Petco Park -- the best home record in the Majors since April 24.
"You look at home records of all teams in baseball, it's going to slant toward the advantage of home teams," Padres manager Bud Black said. "It's just the nature of being at home."
Sunday's starter Andrew Cashner has been especially good at home. He enters the finale with a 4-1 record and 2.65 ERA in six starts this season at home.
Mikolas, Brach arrive in SD to relieve taxed bullpen
SAN DIEGO -- The Padres made more roster moves Sunday, recalling relievers Miles Mikolas and Brad Brach from Triple-A Tucson, and optioning right-handers Brad Boxberger and Anthony Bass.
The moves come in an effort to replenish the team's bullpen after it had to go nine innings Friday, when Clayton Richard threw only two pitches in his start before exiting with an injury.
"Right now, I think it makes sense to bring some pitchers to help our bullpen sort of reset," said Padres manager Bud Black.
Both Bass and Boxberger threw in Saturday's game against the Dodgers, with Bass working two scoreless innings and Boxberger allowing a run in 1 1/3 innings. So the Padres needed some fresh arms.
It is Brach's second stint with the Padres this season, after starting the season on the Opening Day roster. He went 1-0 with a 4.76 ERA in 19 relief appearances, striking out 17 with eight walks. He was 1-1 with a 4.50 ERA, 16 strikeouts and six walks since being optioned to Triple-A on May 18.
Last season, Brach allowed 10.9 percent of inherited runners to score. This season, that number rose to 37.5 percent.
"Brad would go through periods of at-bats where he was really making pitches, and then an at-bat would get away from him," Black said. "The walk total was a little bit high. We wanted to get his confidence back, he was pressing a little bit early in the year. He had to take a step back and exhale."
Mikolas is making his first stint with the Padres after going 2-1 with 14 saves and a 3.57 ERA for Tucson.
"Especially being a bullpen guy, you pay a little more attention to games, because you know when it comes to this point in the season, they're always going to need fresh arms," he said. "You can start to mentally prepare yourself a little bit for a move."
Mikolas made his Major League debut last season with the Padres, going 2-1 with a 3.62 ERA, 23 strikeouts and 15 walks in 25 relief appearances.
He said Black gave him direction when he arrived to San Diego on Sunday morning.
"Be ready to throw," Mikolas said.
Padres remain undecided on Richard's replacement
SAN DIEGO -- The Padres have still not announced who will replace the injured Clayton Richard in the rotation.
Richard was placed on the disabled list with a left shoulder strain Saturday, after throwing just two pitches in his Friday start. He was scheduled to start Wednesday against the Phillies.
"We're talking about that as we speak," Padres manager Bud Black said.
Richard has a 2-5 record and a 7.01 ERA in 11 games, including 10 starts.
The Padres could turn to someone from their bullpen, like long relievers Tim Stauffer or Tyson Ross. Stauffer has made 70 starts in his career, but only one in 2012.
Ross began the season as the Padres' fifth starter, making three starts before he got injured. He was 0-1 with a 3.86 ERA. He has been working on retooling his swing since suffering a subluxation of his left shoulder swinging the bat in April.
The Padres could also turn to the Minors and starter Robbie Erlin, who started Friday, the same day as Richard. Erlin made his Major League debut out of the bullpen earlier this season for the Padres, before making a June 1 start against Toronto. He allowed two runs in 6 2/3 innings.
"In a few days, we'll have to make a few decisions on our roster," Black said.
• Kyle Blanks returned to the Padres lineup Sunday after missing Saturday's game with a sore back. He received treatment and rested, and the issue resolved itself in one day as the Padres expected it would.
• The Padres have still not made a decision about Jedd Gyorko and a possible rehab stint. He is eligible to come off the disabled list on June 25, and might make a rehab appearance, or could immediately return to the club.
"But there's no timetable and no hard date on the calendar when you can expect Jedd," Black said. "But hopefully it's within the next week."
Jamal Collier is an associate reporter for MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.