Rangers Press Release
Rangers host Detroit and Oakland in seven-game homestand beginning Thursday
Good seats remain for all games
The Texas Rangers begin a 7-game, 7-day homestand on Thursday, May 16. The homestand features series with the Detroit Tigers (4 games) and Oakland Athletics (3 games). It will be the only Arlington visit this season for Detroit, which won last year's American League pennant and features the league's reigning Triple Crown winner in Miguel Cabrera. It will mark the first time Oakland has visited Arlington since winning the A.L. West division title in 2012.
Tickets remaining for the Detroit series: Thursday-12,000; Friday-6,500; Saturday-2,500; Sunday-11,500. The first six games of the homestand are 7:05 p.m. CT starts, while Wednesday's finale with Oakland has a 1:05 p.m. CT first pitch.
Good seats remain for the entire homestand, including 12,000 for Thursday's game with Detroit, which features the pitching matchup of Yu Darvish against Justin Verlander. Darvish leads the majors with 80 strikeouts this season, and Verlander has topped the majors in strikeouts in three of the last four seasons (2009-12). All fans with tickets in the Kia K-Zone (Sections 201-208) for Thursday and Saturday will receive a free yellow K-Zone T-shirt and K-Card.
Friday's game will include a postgame fireworks show set to Motown music. The first 10,000 fans ages 13 and under for Sunday's series finale with Detroit will receive a Snapple/Brookshires Joe Nathan 300 saves T-shirt. The game on Sunday will begin at 7:05 p.m. CT for a national broadcast on ESPN.
For Tuesday's game against the Oakland A's, the giveaway item will be a Medical Center of Arlington Nolan Ryan Bobblehead for the first 30,000 fans. Wednesday's homestand finale against Oakland will begin at 1:05 p.m. CT, and it will be a Nolan Ryan Beef Dollar Hot Dog Wednesday at Rangers Ballpark.
Additionally, 2013 Major League Baseball Firestone All-Star Balloting will continue for this homestand and all Rangers home games through June 16. Fans may also vote on-line at texasrangers.com.
Game-by-game highlights of the homestand:
Thursday, May 16, 2013 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
Friday, May 17, 2013 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - TXA21
- Postgame Fireworks with Motown music
Saturday, May 18, 2013 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
- Armed Forces Day - pregame patriotic music and National Anthem by 531st Air Force Band Quintet; God Bless America by MSgt. Erika Stevens
Sunday, May 19, 2013 vs. Detroit Tigers - 7:05 p.m. - ESPN
- Snapple/Brookshires Joe Nathan 300 Saves T-shirt (first 10,000 fans, 13 and under)
- Pregame Boy Scouts Parade
- Blue Bell Ice Cream Sunday ($1, 13 and under)
Monday, May 20, 2013 vs. Oakland A's - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
Tuesday, May 21, 2013 vs. Oakland A's - 7:05 p.m. - FSSW
- Medical Center of Arlington Nolan Ryan Bobblehead for first 30,000 fans
- First pitch by PGA golfer and Dallas native Jordan Spieth on behalf of Colonial Golf Tournament
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 vs. Oakland A's - 1:05 p.m. - FSSW
- CBS 11/TXA 21 Weather Day beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Special Olympics Torch Run with Elvis Andrus
- National Anthem by singer/songwriter Daphne Willis
- Pregame CPR Training Event outside First, Third, and Center field Gates