Reds Press Release
Reds announce 2013 Cactus League schedule
Spring Training games get early start on Feb. 22
CINCINNATI (Dec. 3, 2012) — The Cincinnati Reds have announced their 2013 Cactus League exhibition schedule.
The defending National League Central Division Champions open the spring training season with three games against Ohio rival Cleveland Indians on Feb. 22-24 at Goodyear Ballpark.
Fans can catch the Reds in action at the beautiful Goodyear Ballpark, which will be celebrating its five year anniversary this spring.
The Ballpark opened in time for the 2009 spring training season and has served as the Reds spring training home since 2010.
The Reds will play 38 exhibition games during the spring season, including 20 at Goodyear Ballpark, and host such Cactus League opponents as World Series champion San Francisco Giants, Los Angeles Dodgers, Seattle Mariners, Texas Rangers, Chicago White Sox and more.
As part of the 2013 World Baseball Classic the Reds will host the Canadian National Baseball Team at Goodyear Ballpark on March 6.
Additionally, the Reds will play two exhibition games vs. the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field on March 29 and 30.
The full schedule can be found at reds.com/spring.
Spring Training Ticket Information
Deposits are currently being accepted for 2013 Spring Training season ticket plans. Full season Reds & Indians and half season Reds ticket plans are available.
Three game “Mini Plans” and group tickets go on sale Monday, Dec. 10 at 10 a.m. Mountain Standard Time (MST).
Individual game tickets go on sale Saturday, Dec. 15 at 10 a.m. MST.
Complete ticket details can be found at reds.com/spring or by calling the Goodyear Ballpark Ticket Office at (623) 882-3130.
Fun facts about Goodyear Ballpark and the Phoenix area:
- Goodyear is 20 minutes west of Phoenix
- The Phoenix New Times “Best of Phoenix 2012” recently named Goodyear Ballpark the best place to see a Spring Training game
- There are 15 teams in the Cactus League and all play in ballparks around the Greater Phoenix area
- Fans can watch the Reds players during morning workouts at the state-of-the-art Reds Player Development Complex
- Average March temperature: Goodyear - 70 degrees, Cincinnati – 44 degrees
- There are over 60 golf courses and 30 day spas within 20 miles of Goodyear Ballpark
- Desert mountain trails and parks offer opportunities for hiking, biking, running and horseback riding, as well as Jeep tours
- The Grand Canyon and historic Sedona are just a day trip away
Note: Arizona’s time zone is the Mountain Standard Time (MST) zone, which is currently two hours behind Cincinnati. Arizona does not observe Daylight Saving Time (March through November), and after March 9, 2013 Arizona will be three hours behind Cincinnati.