Braves Press Release
Helpful hints for fans coming to the Braves home opener
Braves vs. Brewers – 7:35 p.m. ET
- With large crowds expected, fans heading out to Turner Field on for the Home Opener are encouraged to arrive early. Parking lots will open at 3:30 p.m. and the Turner Field gates will open at 4:30.
- Fans must pre-purchase parking because Braves parking lots will be PERMIT ONLY.
- Fans who haven’t pre-purchased parking are strongly encouraged to take MARTA. The MARTA Braves shuttle begins its run 90 minutes prior to first pitch from the Underground Atlanta/Five Points MARTA station to Turner Field until one hour after the final out. For those fans who may want to arrive at the ballpark before the MARTA Braves shuttle begins its game operation MARTA recommends catching any one of three other available bus routes – the #32, the # 49 or the # 55. All three bus lines may be caught at the Five Points MARTA station and all three routes stop at points adjacent (i.e. Hank Aaron Drive, Pollard Blvd) to Turner Field. For more information on these routes please visit www.itsmarta.com.
- Turner Field parking maps can be found at www.braves.com/parking along with detailed directions, parking and traffic information.
- Braves ticket windows will open at 8:30 a.m. on Opening Day for fans who would like to purchase standing room only tickets ($15 each/4 ticket maximum per person) or pick up pre-purchased tickets in advance and will remain open until the end of the 6th inning.
- Pre-game ceremonies will begin at approximately 7:00, and fans are encouraged to be in their seats no later than 6:55.
OPENING NIGHT CELEBRATION
- Pregame performance by The Civil Wars at 6 p.m. in the Fan Plaza
- National anthem performance by two-time Grammy award winning The Civil Wars
- Both teams will take the field in full-squad introductions.
- There will be a giant flag unveiled during the national anthem
- Flyover by a four T-38’s from Randolph Air Force Base in Universal City, TX following the national anthem.
- A very special first pitch.
- The Atlanta Opera’s Timothy Miller will perform God Bless America before the fans sing Take Me Out to the Ballgame during the 7th inning stretch.
- BRAVES MAGNETIC SCHEDULE GIVEAWAY presented by Georgia Power and BRAVES TOMAHAWKS presented by Academy Sports + Outdoors for the first 45,000 fans.
- Publix Friday Night Fireworks –Enjoy the Braves game AND a spectacular fireworks show set to music following every Braves Friday home game.