Braves Press Release
Plenty of New Things at Turner Field Will Greet Fans in 2012
Taco Mac Family Zone, Georgia’s Own Credit Union Club and Kevin Rathbun Steak Headline
For fans coming out to Turner Field in 2012 to see their hometown Braves they will see plenty of new things during their visit.
“We feel it’s important to keep upgrading and improving Turner Field year after year,” said Braves President John Schuerholz. “Our fans are looking for a fun night out that includes an exciting game, great service and great atmosphere and that is our goal each and every season.”
Here is a list of new things at Turner Field this season:
- The Georgia’s Own Credit Union Club will be unveiled on Opening Day for season ticket holders who purchased a table in the air conditioned Club. Club holders receive valet parking, upscale food offerings, a $30 per seat credit for food and beverage, in-seat wait service and a TV monitor at each table.
- Award-winning Atlanta chef Kevin Rathbun will open Kevin Rathbun Steak, a concession stand located by section 203 that will serve a top-of-the-line sirloin steak sandwich.
- The Taco Mac Family Zone is a fun, interactive baseball-themed experience for those visiting Turner Field to cheer on their favorite team located in the Main Plaza. At the Taco Mac Family Zone visitors will be able to experience interactive sports and games in a fun, Taco Mac-themed setting which reflects the atmosphere of their local Taco Mac restaurant. The attraction’s focal point is the Tree House, where kids can climb and play with a giant Tomahawk, as well as slide down the Taco Mac buffalo slide. Kids can also “get-into the game” by engaging in friendly competition with a variety of the latest Xbox Kinect games from Microsoft.
- Saturday and Sunday games will see Braves players sporting the new throwback uniforms that were introduced in February. The uniforms reflect those worn during the 1966 and 1967 seasons with “Braves” emblazoned across the chest with the jersey number below and on the back. A new Braves logo featuring crossed tomahawks is featured on the left sleeve of the cream colored uniform.
- AT&T Wi-Fi - With more than 330 Wi-Fi access points, AT&T Wi-Fi helps fans stay connected to the game day experience with access around stadium seating, concession areas and ticketing booths. AT&T WiFi will make it easy for fans to check-in with their MLB.com At The Ballpark app for special offers throughout the season, ballpark maps, schedule and ticket information, directions and parking.
- There is a new Gas South Strikeout Board that will feature unique pitcher statistics in addition to posting the pitcher’s record, ERA and “K’s.”
- The 50/50 Raffle presented by the Georgia Lottery will be in place for 2012. The Braves will utilize the 5050 Central system this year that will provide up-to-the-minute reporting with the total shown on the out-of-town scoreboard so fans can see the total as the game goes on. 4 stationary kiosks are available and sellers will be stationed around the ballpark in bright yellow aprons. 50% will go to the winning ticket and 50% will go towards the Atlanta Braves Foundation.
- Braves Brick Oven Pizzeria is located next to the Taco Mac Family Zone in the Fan Plaza. Just like the name says, the pizza will be cooked the old fashion way – using a brick oven to get the perfect crust!
- For our season ticket holders, a 33% discount will be applied to all fixed concession purchases (excluding alcohol). In conjunction with this, all participating concession stands will feature new digital video menu boards that will feature the season ticket holder price and the regular price.
- Braves FanPass - To ease the process from purchase to entrance, fans purchasing tickets online will have a paperless ticket option using their credit card to gain entrance into Turner Field.
- A more robust variable pricing and demand based pricing have also been introduced in 2012. With variable pricing there will be six different pricing structures based on day of the week, opponent, etc. There will be 8,000 outfield seats which will be demand base priced each game. With demand based pricing the discount is built directly into the ticket. Popular games will see the outfield price increase the closer the game day approaches allowing fans to lock in the best prices when they buy early. Fans looking for outfield tickets should purchase those tickets online at www.braves.com/tickets to get the best price for those seats.
Fans who want to take advantage of all these new items and attend a Braves game this season can go to www.braves.com/tickets.